Tuesday, 18 August 2015

Lost To Win


I kneeled down and picked up the piece of wood. It had the name his executioner crowned him with written on it: “Prince of the Jews." I wonder which messages he preached to offend them. Perhaps I am wrong, and they were not offended by any message but his life style because his way of living always becomes offensive to everyone, whether self-proclaimed wise men or masters, whose actions go backwards to their preaching. Perhaps it was the true reason why they killed him with so much hatred. He never allowed himself to live a half-life, and the convictions that made him live fully are the same reasons why he gave his life for: 

“You shall love your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength; and you shall love your fellows as yourself.” Mark 12:30-31. These beliefs took him to the cross without any complaint whatsoever. Even though he knew only a few words would have been enough to put their accusers out of the game, he valued his mission more than his very own life since his passion for living lacks sense if it does not have a reason to die for.

As I hold this piece of wood, my eyes get lost on the horizon, and I cannot help but cry, and I tremble as I know the details of how they unjustly accused him, how they tortured and offended him, although, now that I think straight, I took part as well in that party who took his life. Just like them, I spoke ill of others many times; on more than one occasion, I hurt other people in spite of knowing how much harm my words were causing. What about all those times when I cowardly lied and justified myself, believing I was not damaging anyone? Oh, I am not a better person than those who demanded your death! I am as guilty as they are, but you knew pretty well what you were doing to leave no doubt at all of the true reasons why you gave up your life. 

With a superhuman effort, you pronounced the words that set me free: “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing!” Whoever wants to follow him will be received with arms wide open. He gives reasons to live for and, with a tender voice, says to them, “Your heart brought you here, so follow it. If you listen to your heart, you will be all right. It will take you to places you have never imagined before; even your dreams will come true, and everything will be more incredible than you ever dreamed of. You can always seek my advice as much as you need it and stay as long as you want. You earned that right the very same moment you broke those mental barriers that prevented you from creating your own story. This moment has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment