
Oh life, that goes away, that passes by. That goes so fast that it is almost imperceptible. You once were so naive, full of dreams, hopes, and illusions. Then you turned into desires, soon to become a reality. I wonder, when did you become this? When did I start desiring what once was an illusion, and those moments when I felt I touched the sky passed to my memories?. You are like a sigh. I close my eyes, and you are gone. I open them. We close our eyes, and you are laughter, dreams, and illusions, but then we open them, and suddenly you are a reality full of lies; you are gone! So fast that I missed the best of you.
I could compare you to a shooting; the moment I saw you, you faded away. That you have become to me. Oh, what wouldn't I give to go back in time so I could laugh a little more, to see the sunset and enjoy again those precious little things that you offered me, to say all those things I didn't for fear? There are things in life that we can practice until perfect, but you don't give us that chance; either we live and enjoy what we are given or you pass so fast and we are left behind. I cannot go back to that laughing child to whom everything was possible; still, shall she live inside of me, encouraging me to face what's ahead? The only thing left to do for me is to enjoy everything that you give as much as I can, as if it were the last of my days, and not think of what could have been but wasn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment