You who wake up every day knowing that your day will start by mending nets, so then you would sail and throw them in the sea; I am awed to see that even when you are not certain if your nets will be filled, that doesn't stop you from trying again; you are like those who won't surrender even before the greatest of tempests; you learned your work since you were young, and bad times have taught you that patience, more than a gift, is an action that, with the passing of time, becomes a virtue.
To those who ask you, when will your work be finished? Your answer is never that there are always nets to mend and seas to explore. For you, fishing is the greatest reward you get for a job well done. You have learned to keep calm in the worst of times, and this has made you able to know when is the right time to throw your net. Fisherman, as I watch you from my balcony, I reflect on how much I have to learn from you. Your noble profession makes me appreciate more the art of drawing with words, which, by grace, heaven has gifted me with.
No comments:
Post a Comment